The New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, Sandy Recovery Division will hold outreach sessions about additional funding for homeowners still rebuilding in the Reconstruction, Rehabilitation, Elevation, and Mitigation (RREM) Program and the Low- to Moderate-Income (LMI) Homeowners Rebuilding Program throughout the month of March in communities hard hit by Superstorm Sandy. The schedule is as follows:
- 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, March 13 at the All Wars Memorial Building, 1510 Adriatic Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ, 08401
- 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, March 14 at the Brick Township Municipal Building, 401 Chambers Bridge Road, Brick, NJ, 08723
- 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, March 19 at the Union Beach Borough Hall, 650 Poole Avenue, Union Beach, NJ, 07735
- 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, March 21 at the Little Ferry Borough Hall, 215-217 Liberty Street, Little Ferry, NJ, 07643
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, March 30 at the Toms River Municipal Building, 33 Washington Street, Toms River, NJ 08753
The outreach sessions come in the wake of the federal government’s approval of the State’s plan to use $50 million in federal disaster recovery money to create a Supplemental Fund exclusively for homeowners in the RREM Program and the LMI Program who have a program-calculated unmet need and who have yet to complete construction.
Awards from the Supplemental Fund will be uncapped and will be calculated based on the remaining program-eligible work needed to finish the project, taking into account other funding sources such as flood insurance and Small Business Administration (SBA) loans. Homeowners who accept a Supplemental Fund award will be required to live in the home for five years following construction completion.
Applications for the Supplemental Fund will be available within several months.
The outreach sessions will include a presentation about the Supplemental Fund followed by a Q&A where homeowners can get their questions answered about the funding and eligibility.
People who are unable to attend one of the outreach sessions may contact DCA’s Sandy Constituent Services at (609) 292-3750 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with their questions.