Eligibility for the Landlord Incentive Program
Eligible Applicants: Non-profit and for-profit rental property owners.
Eligible Projects: Existing market rate rental housing.
- Units must be located in one of the following nine counties that the federal government designated as the most impacted by Superstorm Sandy: Atlantic, Bergen, Cape May, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, and Union.
- Priority will be given to mixed-income projects located in transit-accessible communities within easy reach of employment opportunities.
- The applicant must have site control prior to applying for Landlord Incentive Program funds. Acceptable forms of site control are an executed lease agreement or a deed.
Ineligible Properties: Project-based units and units that are deed restricted affordable.
Eligible Bedroom Size:
- Studio, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, 4BR
Term of Assistance: Assistance shall be up to two years.
- All Landlord Incentive Program rental units shall be inspected for Housing Quality Standards (HQS) and must pass a HQS inspection before initial occupancy and at least annually for the term of the contract.
Minimum and Maximum Number of Vouchers: The minimum number of Landlord Incentive Program units per rental property owner and county is one and the maximum number of Landlord Incentive Program units per rental property owner and county is 25.